Would you like to earn during the school holidays?
We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our team as Holiday Club Play Assistants in Milton Keynes.
As a Play Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of our fun and engaging holiday club activities for children. This is is position during school holidays, offering an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on children's lives and contribute to their holiday experience.
- Assist in planning and organizing a variety of activities, including sports, arts and crafts, games, and outings, to ensure an enjoyable and stimulating holiday club experience.
- Engage and supervise children during activities, ensuring their safety and well-being at all times.
- Encourage participation and create a supportive and inclusive environment for all children, fostering positive relationships and promoting teamwork.
- Assist with setting up and tidying activity areas, ensuring that equipment and materials are safe and appropriate for use.
- Support children in developing their social, emotional, and physical skills through structured play and recreational activities.
- Provide guidance and support to children during snack and meal times, promoting healthy eating habits and ensuring dietary requirements are met.
- Maintain open and effective communication with parents and guardians, providing updates on their child's participation and well-being.
- Follow policies and procedures related to child safeguarding, health and safety, and behavior management.
- Collaborate with the holiday club team to evaluate and improve the program, sharing ideas and suggestions for enhancing the children's experience.
- Experience working with children in a similar role, such as summer camps, after-school programs, or youth organizations.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and creating a fun and engaging environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to children and establish positive relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, collaborating with colleagues to deliver a high-quality holiday club experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask and adapt to changing situations.
- Basic knowledge of child safeguarding and health and safety principles.
- First Aid certification is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility to work varying hours during school holidays.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about working with children and creating memorable holiday experiences, please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.