SEN Learning Mentor (Ware, Full-time contracts available only)
Are you a flexible, resourceful, and resilient individual with a passion for working with children? Do you have a student-focused mindset and the ability to tailor your teaching and learning approach to meet the unique needs of each student? If this describes you, we invite you to join our team!
We are currently seeking dedicated and passionate SEN Learning Mentors to join Dunbar Education in the Ware area. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students with special educational needs.
- Create a fun, creative, and engaging learning environment that promotes student growth and development.
- Customise teaching methods to accommodate the specific needs of individual students, ensuring a personalized learning experience.
- Provide emotional, behavioural, and academic support to students, playing a crucial role in their overall well-being.
- Utilise strong communication skills and excellent problem-solving abilities to address student needs effectively.
- Foster a patient and kind approach while offering consistent care and guidance to students.
- Motivate students to make progress in their studies and cultivate a respectful learning environment.
- Assist students with lesson activities, assignments, and homework, ensuring comprehension and engagement.
- Manage student behaviour and reinforce boundaries to create a positive learning atmosphere.
- Help students overcome personal, educational, and emotional obstacles they may encounter.
- Work one-on-one with students and within small groups, acting as a mentor and providing support.
- Support students with complex mental health diagnoses and learning difficulties, including Autism, ADHD, and Dyslexia.
- Collaborate with students, aiming to help them achieve their Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) targets and aspirations.
- Prior experience working with children with special educational needs.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Ability to establish a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities to address individual challenges effectively.
- Patience, empathy, and kindness towards students.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and training.
Join our team as an SEN Learning Mentor and make a significant difference in the lives of students with special educational needs. Apply now to contribute to their growth, development, and success.