Job Title: Religious Education (RE) Teacher (ECTs are encouraged to apply)
School Type: Small Secondary School
Ofsted Rating: Good
Pay: Outer London Pay Scale
Position: Permanent, Full-Time
We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Religious Education (RE) Teacher to join a small secondary school located in Upminster. We strongly encourage Early Career Teachers (ECTs) to apply.
The school has been rated as Good by Ofsted, reflecting their commitment to providing a high-quality education for our students. We pride ourselves on our close-knit community and believe in fostering an inclusive and engaging learning environment.
As a member of our teaching staff, you will have the opportunity to work within a great and supportive Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Trust. The SLT is dedicated to providing guidance, mentoring, and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and progress in your career.
- Plan and deliver engaging and informative Religious Education lessons to students of all abilities and backgrounds
- Create a supportive and inclusive classroom environment where students feel comfortable discussing and exploring religious and philosophical ideas
- Develop and implement a comprehensive RE curriculum, in line with national standards and school policies
- Assess and monitor student progress, providing constructive feedback and support for their academic and personal growth
- Foster students' critical thinking skills, empathy, and respect for diverse religious and cultural perspectives
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop cross-curricular projects and organize school-wide events related to religious education
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent
- Specialization in Religious Education or a related field
- Passion for teaching and inspiring students in the field of RE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated RE Teacher or an ECT looking for a supportive and nurturing environment to develop your teaching career, we invite you to apply for this position.
To apply, please submit your CV or contact Sophie Leese at Dunbar Education for more information on this role.