Job Title: SEMH Teaching Assistant
Salary: £85.93-90 per day
Are you a compassionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant with experience in supporting students with social, emotional, and mental health needs? If so, Dunbar Education wants to hear from you!
Dunbar Education is an education recruitment agency that works closely with primary schools in Northamptonshire. We are currently seeking a skilled and empathetic SEMH Teaching Assistant to join our team.
As a SEMH Teaching Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting students with social, emotional, and mental health challenges to thrive in their educational environment. You will work closely with teachers, SENCOs, and other professionals to implement tailored interventions and strategies to meet the unique needs of these students.
- Provide one-to-one and small-group support to students with SEMH needs
- Implement individual education plans (IEPs) and behaviour support plans (BSPs)
- Foster a nurturing and inclusive learning environment
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to develop and implement effective strategies
- Promote positive behaviour management and emotional well-being
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience as a Teaching Assistant, preferably with experience in SEMH support
- Knowledge and understanding of social, emotional, and mental health challenges in children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach
- Enhanced DBS check and suitable references
In return, Dunbar Education offers competitive rates of pay, ongoing professional development opportunities, and the chance to work with a range of primary schools in Northamptonshire.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of students with SEMH needs, we want to hear from you. Contact us today on 01604 328365 or email your CV Join our team at Dunbar Education and help shape a positive future for these students!