We are seeking a compassionate and experienced SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) Teaching Assistant to join a primary school in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting children with SEMH needs and will have experience working in a primary school setting.
- Supporting the class teacher in delivering interventions and targeted support to children with SEMH needs
- Providing pastoral support to individual children and small groups as needed
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and supporting children to manage their emotions and behaviours
- Working collaboratively with the SENCO, teachers, and other support staff to ensure the smooth running of the school
- Experience working with children with SEMH needs, ideally in a primary school setting
- A relevant qualification in supporting children with SEMH needs, or a willingness to work towards this
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A compassionate and empathetic approach to working with children and young people
- Experience supporting children with SEND needs
- Knowledge of behaviour management strategies and techniques
- Understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
If you are dedicated and experienced SEMH Teaching Assistant who is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children, we would love to hear from you.