Job Title: SEMH Teaching Assistant - Primary School (Northamptonshire)
Organisation: Dunbar Education
Location: Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Are you a compassionate and dedicated Teaching Assistant with experience in supporting students with Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) needs? Dunbar Education, a leading education recruitment agency, is currently recruiting on behalf of a primary school in Northamptonshire. We are seeking a skilled SEMH Teaching Assistant to join their team and make a positive impact on the lives of students facing emotional and behavioural challenges.
Position Overview: As a SEMH Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with students, providing one-on-one support and small group interventions. Your role will be to promote positive behaviour, emotional well-being, and academic progress, helping students overcome barriers to learning. You will work collaboratively with the teaching staff and external professionals to develop personalised strategies and create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide individualised support to students with SEMH needs, helping them manage their emotions and develop coping mechanisms.
- Assist with the implementation of behaviour management plans and interventions.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to differentiate instruction and adapt learning materials to meet individual student requirements.
- Foster positive relationships with students, promoting their self-esteem, confidence, and overall well-being.
- Monitor and track student progress, providing feedback to teachers and participating in progress reviews.
- Liaise with parents, carers, and external agencies to ensure a holistic approach to student support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant experience working as a Teaching Assistant, specifically supporting students with SEMH needs, is essential.
- Understanding of SEMH strategies and interventions, as well as knowledge of relevant safeguarding procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, staff, and parents.
- Patient, empathetic, and resilient, with the ability to remain calm in challenging situations.
- A relevant qualification in education or child development is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive pay rates based on experience and qualifications.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- The chance to work in a supportive and collaborative school environment.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students facing SEMH challenges.
How to Apply: If you have experience as a SEMH Teaching Assistant and are passionate about supporting students with emotional and behavioural difficulties, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your up-to-date CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role Please mention "SEMH Teaching Assistant - Northamptonshire" in the subject line.
Dunbar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and relevant right-to-work documentation will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Join Dunbar Education today and become a valued member of our SEMH support team, making a difference in the lives of students in Northamptonshire. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dunbar Education is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.