Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Are you dedicated to providing a supportive and nurturing learning environment? If so, Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is looking for you!
Position: SEN Behaviour Support Mentor
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Us: Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is a leading educational recruitment agency committed to connecting talented professionals with rewarding opportunities in the education sector. We take pride in our dedication to finding the perfect match between educators and schools, ensuring a positive and fruitful experience for both.
Role Overview: As a SEN Behaviour Support Mentor, you will play a vital role in supporting students with SEN, fostering a positive learning environment, and empowering them to achieve their full potential. You will work closely with SEN students, teachers, and other support staff to implement tailored strategies that address behavioural challenges and promote social and emotional development.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students with SEN, focusing on behavioural management and emotional regulation.
- Collaborate with teachers and SEN coordinators to develop and implement individualized Behaviour Support Plans (BSPs).
- Employ a range of proven techniques and interventions to promote positive behaviours and engagement in the learning process.
- Monitor and record student progress, providing regular feedback to teachers, parents, and relevant stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the school's inclusion team to ensure an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
- Relevant experience working with students with SEN, particularly in behaviour support roles.
- Excellent understanding of behavioural management techniques and their application in an educational setting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with additional needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the varying demands of the role.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative educational environment.
- Chance to make a significant impact on the lives of students with SEN.
- Professional development and training opportunities.