We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Special Needs Teaching Assistant to join our team at a school in Hatfield. As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with the school's Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to support children with a range of additional needs, including learning difficulties, physical disabilities, and behavioural challenges.
- Supporting pupils on a one-to-one or group basis, inside and outside of the classroom
- Adapting materials and activities to meet individual needs
- Developing and implementing individual education plans (IEPs) and behaviour plans
- Monitoring and recording progress and behaviour, and reporting to teachers and parents
- Assisting with personal care, such as toileting and feeding, as required
- Previous experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEN) is desirable, although not essential
- A compassionate and patient nature, with excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- A basic understanding of child safeguarding and protection policies and procedures
- A Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
Please apply with your CV today or contact Dunbar Education on 01992 926758.
If this position isnt quite what you are looking for, please still get in touch to discuss other roles available.
If you have not received a response within 7 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occassion. For other available positions please refer to our website.