SEN Teaching Assistant (ADHD & Trauma)
Commencing in September
Are you passionate about positively impacting the lives of children with SEN? Do you have a strong understanding of ADHD and trauma? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join an SEN provision in Hertford.
- Improve standards of learning and achievement for all students
- Help students develop independent learning skills
- Promote the school's inclusion policy by supporting supports in their learning and personal development, removing barriers to achievement
- Carry out administrative and other tasks related to the smooth running of the department
- Support students in their learning and development, in small groups or with individual students as directed, including the differentiation of resources as appropriate
- Relevant experience and expertise in working with children with special educational needs, particularly those with ADHD and trauma
- A strong understanding of ADHD and trauma and other ability to implement strategies and interventions to support students
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, parents, and colleagues
- Patience, empathy, and a nurturing approach to supporting student's emotional well-being
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, collaborating with teachers, therapists, and other support staff
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the individual needs of students and the changing demands of the school environment
The school offers a supportive and inclusive environment, where you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our students.
We look forward to receiving your application and considering you for this rewarding role as an SEN Teaching assistant in our Hertfordshire-based SEN school.