Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of individuals with Speech, Language, and Communication Needs (SLCN)? Do you have experience or a keen interest in supporting individuals with SLCN in an educational or healthcare setting? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an SLCN Assistant.
As an SLCN Assistant, your primary responsibilities will include:
Supporting SLCN Students: Working closely with students who have SLCN to help them develop their communication skills and achieve their educational goals.
Assisting in Planning and Delivery: Collaborating with teachers and speech therapists to implement individualized communication plans and strategies.
Providing One-on-One Support: Offering tailored support and interventions to students during lessons and communication therapy sessions.
Monitoring Progress: Tracking and recording the progress of students and reporting any notable developments to the relevant professionals.
Creating a Supportive Environment: Promoting an inclusive and supportive classroom environment where students with SLCN can thrive.
Communication: Communicating effectively with students, teachers, parents, and other professionals involved in the students' care.
Documentation: Maintaining accurate records and documentation related to student progress and interventions.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A genuine interest in supporting individuals with SLCN.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to different educational settings.
- Previous experience in a similar role or a relevant qualification (desirable but not essential).
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary for this position is £90 - £100 per day.
- This is a temporary-to-permanent position, providing you with the opportunity for long-term employment.