Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of young individuals with special educational needs (SEN)? Do you have the experience and dedication to support their social, emotional, and mental well-being? If so, Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is seeking a talented and compassionate Social Emotional Mental Health Mentor to join our team in a SEN setting.
Position Overview: As a Social Emotional Mental Health Mentor, you will play a pivotal role in creating a supportive and inclusive environment for students with SEN. Your primary responsibility will be to provide emotional and mental health support to help these students thrive academically and personally.
- Develop and implement individualized support plans for students with SEN, focusing on their social, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Provide one-on-one and small group mentoring sessions to address specific emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to ensure a holistic approach to student support.
- Monitor and track the progress of students, adjusting interventions as needed.
- Promote a safe and nurturing learning environment that fosters emotional growth and resilience.
- Attend team meetings and training sessions to stay current on best practices in SEN support.
- Previous experience working in a Special Educational Needs (SEN) setting in the UK is essential.
- A genuine passion for supporting the social, emotional, and mental well-being of students with SEN.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A caring and empathetic demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Must possess a valid DBS check on the update service or be willing to obtain one.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Supportive team environment.
- The chance to make a real difference in the lives of students with SEN.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated individual with the experience and commitment to support the social, emotional, and mental health of students with SEN, we encourage you to apply for this rewarding position.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this role.