Job Title: Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Dunbar Education is delighted to be recruiting for a passionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teacher on behalf of a reputable Primary School in Northamptonshire. This is a full-time and permanent position, offering a competitive salary and an opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of pupils with special educational needs.
Role Overview: As an SEN Teacher, you will be responsible for planning, delivering, and evaluating high-quality lessons and tailored interventions for pupils with special educational needs. You will work closely with other members of the school's SEN team, including SENCOs, teaching assistants, and external professionals, to ensure the best possible outcomes for pupils.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for pupils with SEN, ensuring their specific needs are met.
- Create engaging and inclusive lesson plans that cater to a range of abilities and learning styles.
- Utilise various teaching strategies and resources to differentiate instruction and support pupil progress.
- Regularly assess pupil progress and provide constructive feedback to support their development.
- Collaborate with parents, carers, and external professionals to create a supportive network around the pupil.
- Maintain accurate records of pupil progress and participate in SEN reviews and meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Specialism or additional training in Special Educational Needs (SEN) is highly desirable.
- Experience teaching pupils with a range of SEN, including Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD, and Speech and Language difficulties.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and best practices in SEN education.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and external professionals.
- Resilience, patience, and a genuine passion for making a positive impact on pupils' lives.
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated SEN Teacher seeking a new opportunity in a supportive and inclusive environment, we would love to hear from you. Dunbar Education offers ongoing professional development and career progression opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for the role.