Teaching Assistant - Behaviour Support
Are you enthusiastic about equipping students with the tools to overcome behavioural obstacles and achieve success in their educational journey? Do you possess the strength and empathy necessary to provide crucial assistance to students dealing with behavioural challenges? Dunbar Education is in search of a dedicated and proficient Behavioural Support Teaching Assistant to join our team in Bedford, where you can make a positive difference in the lives of local school students.
The Position: As a Behavioural Support Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in offering one-on-one or group assistance to students encountering behavioural difficulties in the classroom. Your duties will encompass:
- Working closely with identified students to comprehend their behavioural requirements and triggers, delivering appropriate interventions and tactics.
- Assisting classroom teachers in crafting personalized behaviour plans to bolster students' emotional and academic progress.
- Implementing behaviour management techniques to cultivate a constructive and secure learning environment for all students.
- Providing support during periods of emotional distress, aiding students in managing their feelings, and cultivating essential coping abilities.
- Collaborating with teaching staff, parents, and external specialists to ensure a consistent approach to supporting students with behavioural challenges.
- Having prior experience as a Behavioural Support Teaching Assistant or in a comparable position is advantageous, but a profound dedication to behaviour management and student well-being is indispensable.
- Possesses a profound understanding of behaviour management techniques and the capability to customize strategies to meet individual student needs.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities to foster positive connections with students and establish a nurturing learning atmosphere.
- Exhibiting resilience and the capacity to remain composed and collected in demanding situations.
- Holding relevant qualifications or undergoing training in behaviour management or related fields is advantageous.
Why Join us?
- An enriching chance to positively impact the lives of youth.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and skill enhancement to advance your career.
- A nurturing and cooperative workplace atmosphere.
- Access to a network of experienced educators and experts in the realm of behaviour support.
Please apply if this role is of any interest to you.
If this isn't what you are looking for, but are interested in hearing about other roles, then Dunbar Education would love to hear from you. We also pay £250 for any successful referrals.