Dunbar Education is a reputable and trusted recruitment agency that specializes in placing education professionals in schools across the UK. We are currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Youth Worker to work in a SEN School setting in Northamptonshire.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and will be able to demonstrate a passion for making a positive impact on their lives. The role requires a confident and approachable individual who is able to engage with young people, build positive relationships and promote their emotional and social well-being.
- Developing and implementing age-appropriate programs that meet the social, emotional and developmental needs of young people with SEND
- Supporting young people with SEND in developing positive attitudes towards themselves and others, and promoting self-esteem and confidence
- Building positive relationships with parents, carers and other professionals involved in the care and education of young people with SEND
- Contributing to the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for young people with SEND
- Maintaining accurate records of work and providing regular reports to senior staff
- Undertaking any other duties as required by the school
- Previous experience working with children and young people with SEND would be beneficial
- A positive and compassionate approach to working with young people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new situations
- A current DBS check or the willingness to obtain one
This is a full-time position with an immediate or September start date, depending on the successful candidate's availability. The salary for this role is competitive and will be dependent on experience.
If you are passionate about working with young people with SEND and have the relevant experience and qualifications, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role.