Are you a dedicated and passionate individual with experience in providing 1:1 support for students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Dunbar Education Recruitment Agency is seeking an enthusiastic and committed 1:1 Behaviour Support Mentor to join an esteemed SEN setting in Northampton. If you have a genuine interest in making a positive impact on the lives of students with additional needs, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with a student in a 1:1 capacity, providing tailored support and guidance based on their individual needs.
- Assist in managing and improving challenging behaviors, ensuring a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- Collaborate with teachers, support staff, and parents to implement effective strategies for the student's personal and academic growth.
- Monitor progress, document relevant observations, and maintain accurate records to track the student's development.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive atmosphere, promoting independence and boosting self-esteem.
- Previous experience working as a 1:1 Behaviour Support Mentor within an SEN setting is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of various Special Educational Needs and strategies for behavior management.
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to build rapport with students with additional needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to liaise effectively with various stakeholders.
- A proactive and adaptable approach, able to tailor support to individual learning styles.
- Relevant qualifications or certifications in education, child development, or SEN (desirable but not mandatory).
- The opportunity to work within a supportive and dedicated team committed to empowering students with SEN.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of SEN.
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of students and contribute to their personal and academic growth.
How to Apply: If you are ready to take on this rewarding role as a 1:1 Behaviour Support Mentor in an SEN setting, please submit your up-to-date CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and passion for working with students with SEN.