Job Role: Deputy SENCo
School Type: Mainstream secondary
Age Group: 11-16
Start date: September 2022
Salary: MPS/ UPS plus TLR
Location: Harlow, Essex
Employment Type: Full time
At Dunbar Education, we are working with a secondary school in Harlow that is seeking a Deputy SENCo teacher to join their school and enhance the department.
What is expected of you?
To provide professional leadership and management of the Head of Nurture across the school in order to raise standards of student attainment and achievement across the school by:
* Working in partnership with the subject leader(s), and subject teacher(s) to lead on Nurture learning in line with the National Curriculum, Codes of Practice and School Policies and Procedures.
* Working with subject leader(s) and subject teacher(s) as part of a professional team to lead learning activities for classes and/or individual pupils as required. The primary focus will be to work under the professional direction of the subject leader in supporting and/or delivering lessons set by or with teacher(s) and/or support pupils undertaking lessons delivered via distance learning or computer-aided techniques.
* To lead and manage the achievement, progress and pastoral provision for students in Nurture groups.
* Track and monitor attendance, achievement, and the behavior of students within Nurture to ensure that successes are recognized and any underachievement is quickly addressed.
* Take a lead responsibility in co-ordinating appropriate intervention for students within Nurture whose attendance, achievement or behaviour is a concern
What can the school do for you?
Due to the volume of schools in the trust, they will provide excellent opportunities for progression across their schools. This trust holds their staff in the highest regard, and it focuses heavily on staff development & internal progression.
What we are looking for:
- Full teaching qualifications including a clear DBS
- Teachers who are keen to learn and constantly improve
- The ability to communicate effectively with your department and SLT
- Teachers keen on working with parents to create the best outcomes for the students
If you would be interested to find out more about this role or other vacancies at Dunbar Education, then please do not hesitate to submit your latest CV.