Location: Hemel Hempstead
Type: Full-Time, Temporary-to-Permanent (20 Weeks)
Employer: Dunbar Education
Are you a compassionate and dedicated individual with a passion for supporting the emotional and well-being needs of students? Dunbar Education is looking for a motivated Pastoral Support professional to join our team in Hemel Hempstead. This role offers the opportunity for a fulfilling career in education with the potential for permanent employment.
As a Pastoral Support worker, you will play a crucial role in providing essential emotional and well-being support to students within a school environment. You will work closely with students, teachers, and parents to ensure a nurturing and inclusive atmosphere that promotes the overall development and welfare of the students.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students facing emotional, behavioural, or social challenges.
- Implement strategies and interventions to address specific pastoral issues.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for students, offering guidance, empathy, and a listening ear.
- Collaborate with teachers and other professionals to create a supportive and inclusive school environment.
- Help students develop essential life skills and coping mechanisms.
- Maintain accurate records of pastoral support activities.
- Genuine passion for the well-being and emotional development of students.
- Empathy, patience, and the ability to build trusting relationships with students.
- Previous experience in a pastoral or support role is advantageous but not essential.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the needs of the students and the school.
- DBS check or willingness to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Full-time position with a 20-week temporary contract and potential for permanent employment.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunity for professional development and training.
- The chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of students.
- A supportive and inclusive working environment.
If you are a compassionate and dedicated individual who is eager to make a positive impact on the well-being of students, we encourage you to apply for this position. Join the Dunbar Education team in Hemel Hempstead and be part of a rewarding career in education.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and your motivation for applying
Dunbar Education is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.