SEN Specialists Needed in Primary School, St. Albans
Position: SEN Specialists
Location: St. Albans
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 20 weeks (temp-perm, working 20 weeks on a temporary basis, being offered a permanent contract after the 20 weeks).
Employment Partner: Dunbar Education
Are you a dedicated and skilled SEN Specialist looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of young learners? We are seeking passionate individuals to join a vibrant primary school in St. Albans. This is a full-time position, initially for 20 weeks on a temporary basis with the potential for a permanent role, offered through Dunbar Education, a trusted partner in educational recruitment.
Role Overview: As an SEN Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in supporting and facilitating the inclusion of students with Special Educational Needs within the mainstream classroom environment. You will collaborate closely with teachers, parents, and external professionals to design and implement tailored strategies that meet the unique needs of each student. Your expertise will help create an inclusive and supportive learning environment where every child can thrive.
- Provide one-on-one and group support to students with SEN, ensuring their individual learning needs are met.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to adapt and differentiate teaching materials and methods.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans and Behaviour Support Plans in coordination with the SENCO.
- Monitor and track the progress of students with SEN, adjusting strategies as needed to promote their academic and social development.
- Communicate effectively with parents and guardians, providing regular updates on students' progress and well-being.
- Collaborate with external specialists and agencies to provide comprehensive support to students.
- Relevant experience working as an SEN Specialist in an educational setting.
- Strong understanding of various SEN needs and effective strategies for support.
- Patient, empathetic, and adaptable approach to working with students.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, parents, and external professionals.
- Relevant qualifications in Special Education or a related field (preferred but not essential).
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team in a nurturing school environment.
- Chance to make a positive impact on the education and development of students with SEN.
- Temp-perm arrangement providing the opportunity for a permanent role.
- Partnered with Dunbar Education, a recognised leader in educational recruitment.
If you are enthusiastic about contributing to the success and well-being of students with SEN, we encourage you to apply. To express your interest, please apply with your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.