Support Worker required ASAP
Are you from a Support Worker background and would you consider working in a school?
Do you wish to use your transferable experience to make a difference in a child's education?
Click apply today and start your career in education!
We are seeking a qualified support worker to work in a specialist school.
Working in a school is an extremely rewarding role where you can really make a difference and shape a child's life.
Having experience working in care, you will be able to effectively support pupils within an SEN or SEMH provision. Needs vary from learning difficulties, challenging behaviour, social, emotional and mental health and physical disabilities.
As a Support Worker in a Special Educational Needs school, you will work with small groups of young people of primary and secondary school ages. You will also liaise with parents and children to increase the skills, confidence and abilities of all family members to live their daily lives in a positive and safe way.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Complete an initial assessment of families' needs so that you can identify and plan the support needed to address issues and prevent problems from escalating
- Undertake regular caseload review meetings with individuals and families during home and community visits to ensure they're fully supported to progress and achieve desired outcomes
- Provide practical home management support, for example, how to manage behaviour
- Stay with a family during a crisis situation, such as a parent being in hospital
- Adhere to professional practice standards and legislation, including confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity and inclusion policies
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch now!
What is in it for you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Access to free CPD (including a Safeguarding Children course)
- An agency that can guarantee you work (conditions apply)
- Exclusive schools that only work with Dunbar Education
- High demand for supply teaching
- Variety of schools to teach in
Why use Dunbar Education?
- Apply to join us with just one click
- Direct contact with a dedicated consultant
- Apply for jobs which aren't advertised elsewhere online
- Jump the queue to interview through our recommendations
- Long-established relationships with schools
- Five-star reviews - Check us out on Google
- We find the right work to suit you
- In-depth knowledge of local schools
If this position isn't quite what you are looking for, please still get in touch to discuss other available roles.
If you have not received a response within 7 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For other available positions please refer to our website.